YASA - Youth Association for Social Awareness
The tragic death of Tarek Assi in 1994, a 19 year-old university student, led his friends to establish a club to his memory. Later, this club was registered as the Youth Association for Social Awareness (YASA) – a not for profit Non Governmental Organization – in Lebanon in 1996.
YASA aims at safety promotion and injury prevention, which is, achieved through public awareness campaigns. Since its initiation in Lebanon, YASA has had cooperation and partnership with institutions, organizations and governmental bodies such as the Lebanese Army, Internal Security Forces, Civil Defense, Zeina Hauch Foundation, The Lebanese Association for School Safety Awareness – LASSA and others.
YASA’s work targets mainly the following:
- Children Safety
- Pedestrian Safety
- Road and Infrastructure Maintenance
- Alcohol Abuse and Risk of Fatigues
- Vehicle Safety: Car, Trucks, Motorcycles and Bicycles
- Improving the driver education and licensing
- Improve rescue and emergency system
- International Cooperation for safety promotion and injury prevention .
YASA Lebanon Headquarter
2nd Floor, Akl Bldg, St. Rock Street, Hazmieh, Lebanon
P.O.Box: 45-083 Hazmieh, Lebanon
Tel: + 961-5-452587
Fax: + 961-5-952587